3 min read –
People love video! So why are you not using video in your marketing? Say what you like about statistics, but some of the numbers below portray a pretty comprehensive argument, as to how popular video marketing is and why every business should be using it.
There are many different types of videos you could produce, for example:
- a corporate-style video to give an overview of your business,
- product or service explainer videos to help your customers understand what you do,
- training videos for your internal sales team or your customers,
- social media videos to inform your followers,
- PR videos to let the world know your successes, and so on.
No matter the topic, a video will communicate your message and engage your audience like no other form of communication.
Here are 9 reasons why your B2B company should be using video right now:
1. The ROI is so much better than many people think:
84% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
2. The pandemic has overwhelmingly increased the amount of online video people are watching. And whilst face-to-face business will return, the use of video to communicate is here to stay.
3. Your audience is so much more accustomed to watching a video on your products and services, and in many cases now prefers to watch something as oppose to reading some text. The modern consumer wants to see your product in action.
4. Google loves video… and because video is a more sharable form of content people are more likely to create backlinks to your content, thus improving your ranking with Google.
5. Just using the word video in your email marketing subject will increase your open rates by 19% and reduce unsubscribes by 25%.
6. Video marketing can explain your product or service quicker and more comprehensively. A staggering 98% of users say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more. And by creating animated videos you can bring concepts to life, in a simple and entertaining way.
7. Videos build trust, and trust is the foundation for conversions and sales. Your content marketing strategy is focussed on building long term and sustainable relationships, and there is no better marketing method to tell a story and create empathy – particularly at this moment during lockdown.
8. Video appeals much more to mobile users, and YouTube reports mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year. Whilst B2B traffic is still desktop orientated, there was a 660% increase in smartphone views in 2020 of content created by businesses. You simply cannot ignore the tablet and smartphone user anymore.
9. You need to get personal. Content marketing in 2021 demands the personal touch, and it doesn’t get more personal than a piece to camera video by you, talking to your customers or prospects.