We predict that video content is going to be the biggest social media trend in 2018.
Digital communication has become more personal and engaging. Having a presence on social media is no longer just status updates, photo uploads, and sharing of links. Businesses are now incorporating social video into their marketing strategy to generate more attention and reach their target audience.
Hubspot have shared these facts:
- Adding a video to your e-letters can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Adding videos to your landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- A third of the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
We now have to cater for the on-the-go lifestyle. Video is one of the few types of online material that provides the value, relevance and flexibility consumers need.
According to Hubspot, 43% of people want to see video content from marketers and 51.9% marketing professionals worldwide name video as the content type with the best ROI. Videos increase engagement in the form of likes, comments, shares and retweets on all social media platforms.
Earlier this year, after much thought (and many meetings), The Collective Team decided to rebrand and move to new premises. A big factor for this move was so we could have our own studio on-site. Having a studio available for the team and our clients was a no brainer. With live streaming, vlogging and branded content being so popular, we allow for businesses of all kinds to have the option to explore and implement video into their social media marketing campaigns.
If you have any questions, or need any help with video for your business, then call us on 01202 682322